11.9.11

HOW TO MOVE EFFICIENTLY WITH RYANAIR

Hello Shoot Rabbit!
Today I will show the world how one can efficiently get as much sh*t as possible on one run with Ryanair. As I have (half) successfully moved with them in-between 4 countries in the last 5 years, I consider myself an expert. Or Jedi. Or master. I like master. Lets go with "Master-of-moving-sh*t-with-Ryanair"

 1. Weigh your luggage
Very important as we want to use every allowable gram without getting overweight and pay ridiculous high fees. Easiest way to do this is to weigh yourself, then grab the bag in question and calculate the difference.

Then you realise this is the heaviest you have ever been. Then you cry a bit. 

Then you have an ice-cream.


2.  Heavy boring stuff first
For me this is stuff like: cutting mat, toolbox, rulers, cutters blah blah blah for people with a more normal field of study/work/hobbies that would probably be... books? Because these are the things that will otherwise be left to the last minute and then you will have no space pr weigh allowance left.

Shoes also comes in here.

3. Fill out stuff
Big big light stuff like duvet and pillows are perfect fillers for the bag with the heavy stuff. They don't ramble around, insulate the other stuff, and usually also fall into the category of stuff I forget until the last minute.


4. What to wear: shoes
Wear your heavy shoes so don't yo have to pack them. Also pack light shoes to have on the way back. (if you have the luxury to fly twice like me).

Mmm. Italian leather...


5. Fill your pockets
Use a coat with many pockets so you can fill them with even more sh*t. This sh*t should include a bag of some sorts. Why? Keep reading.


6. What not to wear
You know those boots you always have with you, you do really love them, but actually haven't worn them for 2 years? 

LEAVE THEM BEHIND, THERE IS NO TIME.


7. Handluggage
Three rules: 
1. Roll everything
2. Make sure those rolls are tight.
3. Bag with liquids handy.

I prefer to have my liquids in my hand-luggage as I seem to need them every time I put them in my checked-in bag. They also leek/explode. I like to keep an eye on them.


8. Broken hairbrush
No probs, now its a travel brush! The space saved will be enough for a pair of panties. 


9. Mark you bottles
Freezer bag labels do the works if you don't fancy cleaning your hair with body lotion. 

Again.


10. Samples
Again: TA-DA! Now they are travel perfume/toothpaste/facecream.


11. Upper body
See 3 tops? No no no. Vest underneath, shirt on top, then jumper. 

Usually I would do this layering times 3, but it is the beginning of Sept.

THESE you then put in the bag that you have in you top coat, that is layer number 6 for the ones following.


12. Jackets
This is not 3 jackets. It is a overcoat, a cardigan, and a scarf.



DÖNE. Now print and attach to the lid of your suitcase.

Love, Tess





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Be a doll and leave a comment, will ya? x